Thursday, October 20, 2011

Poem: Freedom to Soar

This poem is about a bird who struggles with doubt.  Do I dare to try to leave the nest?  Will my wings carry me?  Can the wind really be trusted?  For many of us, this was the crux of our struggle with whether or not to follow Jesus.  Does God exist?  Does He know my name?  Can the God of the Bible be trusted?  All of the arguments people have made against the validity of Christianity over the years live or die with the answer to this one question:  Is there a God?  People love to use the laws of nature to show that the Biblical account is inaccurate, despite the fact that the Bible clearly shows that God is able and willing to bend and even break those laws periodically on a whim.  In the end, it still boils down to one thing.  Do I believe, and can God be trusted?


No comments:

Post a Comment